Wednesday, August 24, 2011

IT'S BEEN AWHILE

Well folks, it sure has been awhile since my last post. In fact, it was three months ago today. 


It's been HOT here in Florida this summer. We took a break at the end of June and drove north. Visited our daughter and son-in-law in CT and then on to NH to visit son and family and to celebrate the 4th of July.


Had a small family reunion at my husband's brothers house the day before the 4th. What a great time we had catching up with family, nieces and nephews. The following day we went to a parade then had a "cookout" at our son's. Daughter and hubby were able to attend, also.


I was quite busy all spring and summer making cards, knitting baby sweater sets, and crocheting crib blankets for out 1st Annual Craft Show here in our development. What a lot of talented people live in here. The Show was 10 days ago and I was really happy with the results. Hopefully we have another next year. Here's a couple of pictures from the fair...





I took a few days off from crafting after the show but now it's time to make some more cards. Must replace some of my stash. Below is a card I just finished using a stamp set from Stampin' Up called Harvest Home. I love the ones I can "color".





I got the idea for the next card from a new magazine subscription I have called "Cardmaking and Papercraft". This magazine is from the UK and it has some marvelous examples and ideas in it. The problem I have is the measurements are in mm and prices are in pounds. Oh, well, I still get so much from this magazine.





Another stamp from Stampin' Up was used for this card. It's from the Happy Harmony set. I just used versamark on the inside for a little deco.


Guess I've rambled on enough for now. I have more ideas for cards, so I should be updating this blog a little more regularly. In the meantime, you all have a wonderful rest of the week and a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment