Monday, April 9, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDDAUGHTER

I didn't know what to put in my blog today, so I thought I'd talk about my middle granddaughter who will be turning 12 years old next Monday. I realize she is still a "tween", but this is her last year of being a little girl. Next birthday, she will, officially, be a teenager.


She loves to sing and dance, do crafts and even requested a Joann's gift card for her birthday. (Takes right after her Grandma, yes?)   She loves shopping at Joann's, even though she has to travel 45 minutes to get to a Joann's store.


I don't see my granddaughter's very often. Upon retirement, we headed south and they live about 1300 miles north of us. We talk on the phone, but not as much as when she was smaller. When we do see them a couple of times a year, she and her sister like to put on "shows" for us and entertain us with stories, song and dance.


Back to the card, I thought I'd make a really "girlie" card, all in pink and white except for the center. I'll have a whole year to come up with a more mature card for a teenager. I must admit that I made a major mistake when making this card. I had misted the large flower with shimmer and decided to put shimmer on the colored image. Lesson learned! You don't spray alcohol based shimmer over an alcohol marker colored image. It ran!! So I did a second image and left it alone.


I don't know if you will see the glitter wings or shimmer, but it's there. You all have a wonderful evening and I'll be back soon.








1 comment:

  1. Pretty pink card. Love the fairy and how you decorated the inside.

    ReplyDelete